NCS Sessional Workers - Kent, , United Kingdom
As a Sessional Worker on the National Citizen Service, you will join Catch22 as we implement this vital programme aimed at helping young people from different backgrounds to make a positive contribution to society.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a flagship policy at the heart of the coalition Government's vision for building a Big Society. The programme will bring together 16 and 17 year olds from different backgrounds in a programme of challenge, service and learning. NCS aims to support participants' personal and social development and help them develop the confidence, skills and attitudes they need to take on active roles in their communities and develop themselves for their own future.
NCS Programme Sessional Workers will be required to work the entirety of the delivery of the Autumn programme. Dates are as follows:
Icebreakers – Evenings during October (maximum of 2 a week)
Away residential – Friday 24th – Monday 27th October
Workshops – Tuesday 29th – Friday 31st October
Social Action – 1st – 30th November (approx. 2 sessions a week including some evenings and weekends)
Candidates who are successful at interview must be available for the following training dates:
• NCS Training Day – Tuesday 21st October
• Safeguarding Training – Wednesday 22nd October
• Pre-residential Meeting – Monday 20th October
Closing date: Wednesday 15th October
Please note: successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview in October. There is a rolling interview process in place so please apply as soon as possible. Unfortunately we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.
NCS Sessional Workers will report directly to the Local NCS Coordinator. You will maintain good working relationships with colleagues and work closely with other NCS Project Support Workers, sessionals and volunteers in your team and in the wider Catch22 service. Along with the NCS Coordinator, you will also help to build and develop relationships key organisations and individuals in the local area.
Main Duties and Accountabilities
1. Work with the NCS Coordinator and other Catch22 colleagues in delivering all phases of NCS including pre-programme engagement, residentials, social action planning & delivery and graduation events.
2. Engage and build positive relationships with young people and their parent/carers to provide effective support on a one-to-one or group basis to achieve NCS outcome targets.
3. Ensure programme content is relevant to the local community and builds on existing relationships with partner individuals and organisations in order to provide young people with a quality NCS experience, ensuring they learn community and citizenship values within their local environment.
4. Record activity and evidence across delivery of the local NCS programme, including participant contact and outcomes during the programme, and ensure these are fully up to date in time for regular reports to the Catch22 NCS national team and the NCS Network.
5. Devise and deliver a residential week ensuring that NCS aims and objectives are met and provide participants with a challenging experience that fuels personal and social development.
6. Help to raise awareness of NCS locally and participate in publicity events promoting the project at local level and increasing the profile of Catch22 and the NCS Network.
7. Assist the NCS Coordinator to ensure all necessary and appropriate safeguarding, data handling, heath & safety and other legal requirements are in place to protect NCS participants and staff.
8. Attend regular supervision sessions and all compulsory training events, both for Catch22 and NCS to enable all duties to be carried out effectively.
• To make sure that you read, are familiar with, and follow all Catch22 policies and procedures and to access Catch22’s intranet at least once a month to update yourself with any new or amended policies or procedures.
• To act as an ambassador for Catch22, upholding and promoting our corporate values.
• To undertake any other duties which can be reasonably expected of you within the level of your job.
• This post will involve travel around the UK and some overnight stays. It will also involve evening and weekend working
For more details, person specification and to apply, please visit http://www.catch-22.org.uk/work-us/
Click on the buttons below to share this page: